The Windsor Rover 2.0 makes the list as a top hybrid bike and best seller by being the most comfortable hybrid of the 5 best for you. These are the perfect bikes to comfortably cruise neighborhoods or bike paths. These great comfort bikes are available in Men’s and a Ladies frame which have a special lowered top tube/bar for a shorter step over, straddle height. It’s packed full of comfy options: comfy suspension forks, seatpost, elastomer cushioned saddles, and adjustable stems for the just-right position
All this comfy equipment does make it less light. However, it does feature a light and strong aluminum frame and wheels. The Rover 2.0’s aluminum frame will never rust and is light and strong. This comfy hybrid fitness bike also has one of the widest tires for you. Wide tires are cushier and afford you more protection from potholes and curbs.
Buyer’s guide to hybrid bikes
A hybrid bike is an excellent option if you’re mainly using your bike for commuting to and from work. Hybrid bikes are ideal for riders just getting in to cycling: the best hybrid bikes will be good enough to cope with all sorts of terrain without fuss, hopefully helping you to enjoy your cycling and get more involved in this great sport.
But what should you be looking for to make sure you get the best hybrid bike for your money?
What is a hybrid bike?
The clue’s in the name really. A hybrid bike is a hybrid of a standard road bike and a mountain bike, taking the best bits of both types of bike to create a machine that is comfortable over all terrains and surfaces.
The frame of a hybrid bike will generally have:
- A fairly relaxed geometry that means a short top tube and tall head tube to give a relaxed and upright riding position that should be nice and comfortable, not placing any strain on your neck and shoulders
- A top tube that is sloped downwards from the front of the bike towards the back, which should make it a little bit easier to get on and off whatever you are wearing
- 21 easy to use speed
- Adjustable stem
- Gearing – a button-style lever
- Flat Handlebars – a more upright riding position and will use mountain-style shifting and braking, with the levers being easier to reach for less experienced riders
- Wide tires – the width will vary, between 28mm and 42mm, to improve comfort and ironing out any rough surfaces, but will also add to the level of grip when the roads are wet
General Sizing Guide
14″ Ladies fits most riders 4’10” to 5’5″
16″ Ladies fits most riders 5’6″ to 5’11”
16″ Mens fits most riders 5’5″ to 5’9″
18″ Mens fits most riders 5’9″ to 6′
20″ Mens fits most riders 6′ to 6’2″
22″ Mens fits most riders 6’2″ to 6’5″ Plus
These are approximate sizes. Final choice is up to you and your personal preferences. We Suggest min 2″ crotch clearance over top tube
- Main Frame: HandCrafted 6061 Aluminum w/ replaceable derailleur hanger & H2O bosses
- Fork: SR Suntour SF11-M3010AL, Suspension
- Crank Set: SR Suntour 28/38/48
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Ball Bearing
- Pedals: 9/16in Boron Axle w/ Kraton Inserts
- Front Derailleurs: Shimano FD-TZ31
- Rear Derailleurs: Shimano Acera
- Shifters: Shimano ST-EF51 21sp
- Free Wheel / Cassette: Shimano MF-TZ31 14-34 7sp
- Chain: KMC Z-72
- Front / Rear Hubs: Alloy QR
- Rims: Alloy 700c
- Tires: Kenda 700 x 38
- Brake Set: C Star Alloy V-Brake
- Brake Levers: Shimano
- Handlebars: Medium Rise
- Tape / Grip: Kraton Comfort
- Stem: Kaloy aluminum Adjustable Angle Quill
- Saddle: Spring-Web w/ Comfort Channel
- Seat Post: Alloy Comfortable Suspension
- Accessories: Kickstand
- Colors: White, Black, Lilac, Ocean Blue, Pretty-n Pink
- Sizes: Ladies:14in, 16in Mens: 16in, 18in, 20in, 22in
What others are saying about Windsor Rover 2.0 Comfort Hybrid Bike…
Lance C. WINDSOR ROVER 2.0
Great bike, great price, great service. You guys are great.
Katherine B. WINDSOR ROVER 2.0
I was looking for an easy riding and comfortable bike and the Rover is just perfect. Added a basket to the handlebars for my Yorkie, and she loves it! Thank you!
Janet W. WINDSOR ROVER 2.0
Finally, a light bike that is comfortable to ride that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Your prices are great.